Instrumentation and services are available to all researchers inside and outside of the university.
Researchers from the Northwestern University and the University of Chicago are provided internal rates as all UIC users. All other users can access services but at an external academic or external non-academic rate, which is determined using subsidy and market rates.
All users are responsible for their own laboratory safety training to be current during each use of the core facilities.
To use MSC resources, users must have: (a) a Research Resources Center (RRC) account, (b) an RRC account number (RRCAN) which is linked to an internal UIC grant or, for external customers only, some billing mechanism such as a PO, credit card number, or invoicing address. Please visit the ‘Getting Started’ page for more information. We cannot accept or process samples until these accounts have been generated.
- For instructions for registering with the RRC, please follow this link
- Once RRC account has been generated, users will be able to submit project requests and reserve instrumentation through UICORE (https://uicore.rrc.uic.edu/facilities/mmpf). Training is required to use any walk-up service instruments before new customers can reserve time on these instruments. Please contact the instrument managers listed on the homepage for both east and west laboratories.
- Please fill in the sample submission forms before sending any samples to MSC. For project requests on small molecules, please use
For project requests on peptides or proteins, please use
The printed form MUST be sent together with your samples.
- For service or instrument not listed in the homepage, please contact MSC for more details. Our e-mail address is MMPF@uic.edu and office phone is 312-413-3614.
- MSC is open to all users Monday-Friday from 6AM – 6PM. After-hours access is possible for use of walk-up service instruments. Please contact facility staff for door access by swipe-card system.
- Our staff is happy to help you with any questions or concerns. Email is the best way to reach us. Please see our “Staff Members” page for contact information and area of expertise.
- For assistance with grant proposals, manuscript submissions, letters of support, budget and protocol requests, etc, please contact MSC director, Dr. Hui Chen @email@example.com.