Instrumentation and services are available to all researchers inside and outside of the university.
Researchers from the Northwestern University and the University of Chicago are provided internal rates as all UIC users. All other users can access services but at an external academic or external non-academic rate, which is determined using subsidy and market rates.
All users must register their funds by generating an RRCAN before requesting service or scheduling equipment usage.
All users are responsible for their own laboratory safety training to be current during each use of the core facilities.
The PRL collaborates with the researchers to conduct protein, peptide and small metabolite projects including, but not limited to:
- Protein production/purification/characterization
- Peptide synthesis/purification/characterization
- Metabolite analysis
- Antibodyproduction /purification/ characterization( polyclonal antibody; monoclonal antibody; monoclonal antibody from a single clone)
- HPLC ( affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange, reversed
- phase, hydrophilic interaction, hydrophobic interaction column )
Related services include:
- Biomolecular conjugations
- 1-D and 2-D SDS gel electrophoresis with Western Blotting. Blue Native Page gels (for electrophoresis under native conditions) and IEF Gels are also available
- Small biomolecule analysis and quantitation
- Spectroscopic characterization (MS, CD, NMR, or others)
- Biochemical, Biophysical and Immunology methods