We also have many instruments that can be either used by our customers themselves or requested as services.
Instruments that can be scheduled to be used by customers:
- Covaris S2 acoustic shearing device – It is a focused ultra-sonicator that can accurately shear nucleic acids to the desired fragment length using established instrument settings. Heat-damage to the samples is also minimized. Added applications include DNA extraction from FFPE tissue sections.
- Life Technologies 7500Fast – It can run FAST 96 plates. It is calibrated for FAM™, VIC®, ROX™, SYBR® Green, TAMRA™, and NED™ dyes.
- Life Technologies Viia7 (CMWT A-310) – It can run standard 96, fast 96, and 384 plates. Calibrated for FAM™, VIC®, ROX™, SYBR® Green, TAMRA™, and NED™ dyes.
Instruments that can be requested as services:
- Life Technologies 3730xl Analyzer – for Sanger (Daily) sequencing, fragment analysis and STR
- Sage Scientific PippinPrep – for automated size selection of DNA fragments
- Agilent TapeStation 2200– for automated electrophoretic analysis of DNA and RNA samples
- Life Technologies Qubit – for DNA/RNA quantification
- IntegenX Apollo 324 – for automated library preparation from gDNA, total RNA and ds-cDNA
- Illumina NextSeq – Next-Generation sequencer
- Bullet Blender – sample homogenizing
- Promega Maxwell 16 – for extracting DNA and RNA from a variety of sample types
- Promega Maxwell RSC – for extracting DNA and RNA from a variety of sample types
- Wafergen – target enrichment for next-generation sequencing
- Life Technologies QuantStudio3D (digital PCR) – chip based absolute/relative digital PCR quantification.
Please note, Investigators from the Northwestern University and the University of Chicago are provided internal rates as all UIC users. All other users can access services but, at either external academic or external non-academic rate.