Our skilled staffs will assist UIC staff and others in designing and/or fabricating items utilizing the latest CAD/CAM software, which can be used for full 3-axis and 3-D contour milling.
We are able to work with various metals (e.g. stainless and alloy steels, titanium, lead, platinum, brass, aluminum, copper, sheet metal), plastics (e.g. acrylic, acetate, acetal, polypropylene, polystyrene, nylon, PVC, teflon, polycarbonates, polyethylene, engineered plastics), wood, wood composites and machinable ceramics.
Our electronics shop offers complete electronic services including the maintenance and repair of electronic devices. We also design and fabricate customized electronic equipment that may not be commercially available.
Please contact us for the services you need.
- Turning in lathe up to 15"
- Manual milling
- 2 axes and 3 axes CNC milling
- Surface grinding
- Precision thread cutting
- Sheetmetal bending
- Forming, shearing and fabrication
- Hole punching
- Woodworking — sawing and fabrication
- Tig welding of most metals
- Brazing silver solder
- Repair and rebuilding of machinery and scientific instruments
- Fabrication of parts using most plastics — machining, plastic welding/gluing, bending and polishing
Please note, Investigators from the Northwestern University and the University of Chicago are provided internal rates as all UIC users. All other users can access services but, at either external academic or external non-academic rate.