Understanding the function and structure of biomolecules is crucial in all areas of modern health and life sciences. Characterizing the structure and dynamics of these molecules is essential to understanding the basis of various cellular function, and the Biophysics Core at the Center for Structural Biology is to provide unimpeded access to state-of-the-art and well-maintained biophysics equipment.
The Biophysics Core, located in the Center for Structural Biology, offers three main categories of research and services: characterization of macromolecules using various biophysical instruments (SPR, ITC, DLS, CD & AUC), large-scale protein production, and macromolecular structural biology using X-ray crystallography and Cryo-EM in collaboration.
The Biophysics Core houses a suite of various biophysical instruments and has a fully equipped wet-laboratory for molecular cloning, recombinant protein expression, and protein purification. Large-scale protein purification service is also offered to users who need purified proteins for SPR, High-Throughput Screening (HTS), and structural biology.
For more information on the Biophysics Core, please click here.
Notice to all Research Resources Center Customers
In order to minimize COVID-19 spread, the Research Resources Center, Biophysics Core is implementing the following temporary mandatory guidelines for using this core:
- All customers entering the core space must wear new, clean gloves
- If there is a need to remove gloves, wash your hands with soap frequently and for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face or other individuals. Replace gloves as soon as possible
- Instead of shaking hands, exchange greetings with a wave, bow, or nod
- Try to keep at least one meter/three feet distance between yourself and others
- Disinfect anything you used during your visit with 70% ETOH after every use
- Pipettes, bottles, tip boxes, racks, etc
- Please change your gloves before you touch doorknobs if you have touched any samples or other hazardous materials during your work at BPC
- Try to minimize touching the instruments while operating it