Mass Spectrometry Core
Beyond making available state-of-the-art, user-friendly facilities and services, the MSC laboratory, located in the Medical Sciences building, enables education, methods development, and new applications development, designed to meet the fast-pace needs of researchers.
Equiped with ICP MS, MALDI-time of flight and other LC-MS systems including Orbitrap Velos Pro, QE-HF, Qtrap, Q-TOF and QQQ MS. Data acquisition/analysis conducted with Xcalibur, ChemStation, Masshunter, Analyst; Mascot, Sequest Sorcerer, Mass Matrix, Scaffold, Maxquant, ProteomeDiscoverer and ProteinPilot.
Routine mass spec services include molecular weight determination, MS^n, LC-MS, high resolution MS, protein identification, PTMs analysis, nano LC-MS/MS and database search, quantitative analysis of small molecule/protein, lilpidomics, metabolomics, proteomics and more.
Notice to all Research Resources Center Customers
In order to minimize COVID-19 spread, the Research Resources Center, Mass Spectrometry Core is implementing the following temporary mandatory guidelines for using this core:
- All customers entering the core space must wear new, clean gloves
- If there is a need to remove gloves, wash your hands with soap frequently and for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face or other individuals. Replace gloves as soon as possible
- Instead of shaking hands, exchange greetings with a wave, bow, or nod
- Try to keep at least one meter/three feet distance between yourself and others
- Disinfect anything you used during your visit with 70% ETOH after every use
- HPLC cover, autosampler door
- Freezer/refrigerator door handle
- MSC will use WebEx for project discussion or consulting instead of meeting in person