Instrumentation and services are available to all researchers inside and outside of the university.
Researchers from the Northwestern University and the University of Chicago are provided internal rates as all UIC users. All other users can access services but at an external academic or external non-academic rate, which is determined using subsidy and market rates.
All users must register their funds before requesting service or scheduling equipment usage.
All users are responsible for their own laboratory safety training to be current during each use of the core facilities.
Mass Spectrometry Core provides a range of services
- Exact Mass Analysis for small molecules and peptides
- Protein molecular weight measurement
- Protein/peptide fractionation
- Protein identification
- Global quantitative proteomics by label-free or labeling methods (TMT, iTRAQ, SILAC)
- Post-translational modification (PTM) analysis – phosphorylation, acetylation, oxidation, histone acetylation
- Metal analysis by ICP MS
- Untargeted metabolomics/lipidomics
- Targeted protein/peptide quantification by MRM
- Targeted metabolomics/lipidomics by MRM
- Instrument Training on Qtrap, Orbitrap, MALDI-TOF, Q-TOF and ICP MS
- Method Development on request
Featured Targeted Assay
- Bile acids
- Ceramide- Molecular species
- Ceramide-1-Phosphate (C1P)
- Sphingosine – Molecular species (S1P)
- Eicosanoids (prostaglandins, leukotrienes, etc)
- Endocannabinoids (eCBs)
- Free fatty acids
- Short chain fatty acids (SCFA)
- Lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) – Molecular species
- Phosphatidic acid (PA) – Molecular species
- Cholesterol and Oxysterols
- Glycolipids – GM1, GM2, GM3, GT1, GD1
- Phosphatidylinositols (PI, PIP, PIP2, PIP3)
- Sex hormones – Testosterone (T, DHT), estrogen (E1, E2, E3), cortisol, cortisone
- Amino Acids
- Nucleotide and Deoxynucleotide
- Perfluorooctanoic acids
- Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Primary aromatic amines (PAA)
Please visit the iLab page to view more details or place an order for services, link here.