To use Sequencing Core resources, users must register their funds. Please follow directions in this link to generate an RRC Account for payment method.
To Request Service or Schedule Equipment Usage
- Navigate to the Genome Research Division – Sequencing Core sign-up page
- Complete the registration form on the sign-up page. (You must fill out all fields. If you do not know your financial admin (lab manager), please put in your PI’s name in that field as well.)
- Receive a – welcome – email from iLab (typically within one business day) with login credentials.
- Once you have your iLab credentials, login
- Set your time zone when you first log in. Go to – my profile – on the top right to change an personal information.
- To find the Genome Research Division – Sequencing Core in iLab, you may click on the “list all cores” link on the left panel.
- Please register for a free Illumina BaseSpace account if you are planning on performing next generation sequencing.
- To order oligos from IDT with discount and free shipping, you must use this link to register: http://idtdna.com/uic/. After you have registered, oligonucleotide ordering is performed through the IDT website, but is linked to your RRCAN for billing purposes.
Investigators from the Northwestern University and the University of Chicago are provided internal rates as all UIC users. All other users can access services but at an external academic or external non-academic rate.