Notice to all Research Resources Center Customers Heading link
In order to minimize COVID-19 spread, the Research Resources Center, Mass Spectrometry Core is implementing the following temporary mandatory guidelines for using this core:
- All customers entering the core space must wear new, clean gloves
- If there is a need to remove gloves, wash your hands with soap frequently and for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face or other individuals. Replace gloves as soon as possible
- Instead of shaking hands, exchange greetings with a wave, bow, or nod
- Try to keep at least one meter/three feet distance between yourself and others
- Disinfect anything you used during your visit with 70% ETOH after every use
- HPLC cover, autosampler door
- Freezer/refrigerator door handle
- MSC will use WebEx for project discussion or consulting instead of meeting in person
If you have any flu like symptoms (g., fever, cough, shortness of breath) please do not use the core services. You should stay home and follow the appropriate guidelines as indicated by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus.
Frequently Asked Questions Heading link
- Q. Where do I drop off my samples?
A. Please always contact us before sample submission regarding sample preparation when the first time you submit samples to us. Our address are:
- Main Lab
E-12 Medical Research Building (MSB)
835 S Wolcott Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60612
Service samples can be submitted 6-18 weekday.
MUST have printed submission form.
- East Lab
845 W Taylor St.
Contact MSC@uic.edu for submission
- Main Lab
- Q. How do I retrieve my results?
A. Formal report will be delivered by e-mail once it’s ready.
For raw data acquisition, please contact us directly.
- Q. How do I cite the core?
A. Example: Mass spectrometry analysis was performed at Mass Spectrometry Core within the Research Resources Center (RRC) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
- Q. How do I register my funds ?
A. Please refer to this link: here
- Q. Who do I contact with questions?
A. Please refer to staff directory. It will tell you who is in charge of what services and make it easier to connect with the right person. Please use email as much as possible, since that is the easiest way for us to access your messages.
- Q. Who should I contact for administrative assistance
A. Please email our admin team at email@example.com
- Q. Who should I contact for technical assistance on RRC Websites?
A. Please submit an iLabs ticket with the Scientific Computing Core