A letter of support detailing relevant RIC resources and services, such as bioinformatics, can strengthen grant proposals. To request a letter of support or other grant support, please fill out a service request form at RRC CrossLabs: go.uic.edu/ric.
NOTE: to help us write an effective letter of support in a timely manner, we will ask you for the following information in the request form:
- Project title
- 2-3 sentences explaining the impact of the proposed work on the scientific and/or medical community
- Specific aims (a draft is fine)
- List of experiment types and services required (e.g., RNA-seq, differential analysis and pathway analysis)
- Name of funding agency and grant type/RFA
- Name, title, and affiliation of addressee, if not yourself
In addition to Letters of Support detailing RIC capabilities as they relate to a proposed project, we can also assist with crafting the study design and research strategy, and devising a budget for informatics analysis. Please also consider including a member of the RIC as a Co-Investigator in your application, which can strengthen your application by showing the collaborative involvement and support of an informatics expert.