Preclinical Imaging Core
Small Animal Imaging for intra- and extramural researchers
The Preclinical Imaging Core (PIC) facility aims to promote Small Animal Imaging for all researchers.
PIC facility houses:
- a 31cm bore size 9.4T Agilent MRI system that can provide the full support of MRS and MRI studies in small animals (including mouse, rat, rabbit);
- a 129Xe hyperpolarizer that provides high-purity, hyperpolarized 129Xe for gas phase magnetic resonance studies;
- a 11.7T MRI/NMR spectrometer providing the capability of super high-resolution micro-imaging;
- two sets of isofluorane anesthesia system, body temperature control, and vital signs monitoring system were installed;
- two sets of home-designed isolation chamber systems for infected animals and animals from extramural research projects.