CrossLab (iLab) Registration
CrossLab Going Live Schedule (as of May 23rd, 2019)
Going Live by July 1st
Scientific Computing Core Scientific Instrument Shop Preclinical Imaging Core Biophysics Core Mass Spectrometry Core Electron Microscopy Core Research Informatics Core Research Histology and Tissue Imaging Core Genomics Core Genome Editing Core Fluorescence Imaging Core Scientific Storeroom
Going Live in the Fall
Please continue to request service from these cores through UICore until we notify you that they are Going Live on CrossLab Flow Cytometry NMR Core Nanotechnology Core Facility Cardiovascular Research Core UI Health Biorepository Protein Core Viral Vector Core High Throughput Screening Core
To Register as a PI
When you go to CrossLab (Bookmark this URL for future use) you will need:
As an Internal PI (UIC lab)
- Select “Sign in using University of Illinois at Chicago (NetID) credentials.”
- You will now be prompted to provide your UIC NetID and password.
- In the registration page:
If you are on the list of the PIs, select yourself and continue to step #3
If you are not on the list, select “Admin Lab” and continue to step #3. RRC Administration will reach out to you and finalize your registration.
As an External PI (non-UIC lab)
- Select “Resgiter for an iLab Account”
- Fill out the registration form. Please make sure all your information is accurate. We will be sending invoices and all other communication according to the information you provided here.
- Once the registration is finalized, you will receive a notification from iLab support team
To Register as a Business Manager or User
- Navigate to the following URL into your browser: https://uic.ilab.agilent.com/account/login
- Bookmark this URL for future use.
- Once on the iLab login page, select ‘Sign in using University of Illinois at Chicago (NetID) credentials.’
- At this point you will now be prompted to provide your UIC NetID and password.
If this is your first time logging in, once you authenticate you will be directed to a registration page.
a. First select the appropriate PI/Group from the first drop down. (If your PI is NOT on the drop-down list, select Admin (UIC) Lab and send email to email@example.com with your PIs full name and email address.)
b.Your first name, last name, and email address will be pre-filled. Complete any remaining fields that have not been pre-filled, such as phone number.
c. Click ‘Register.’ The next page you see will be the “Greeting Page”
d. The PI you selected has been sent an email informing them that they need to approve your account and give you access to funding source(s). IF YOU ARE NOT ASSIGNED A FUNDING SOURCE, YOU CANNOT REQUEST SERVICE OR SCHEDULE EQUIPMENT.
NOTE: Business Managers need to be assigned a manager role by the PI.
e. The PI is reminded each business day, but you have the opportunity to send an additional reminder.
f. You will also receive a Welcome email with brief getting started instructions.
g. Once your account has been approved you will receive an email to notify you.
Now you can login following steps 1-4 to utilize the core facilities within iLab. Once logged in you will be on the iLab homepage dashboard. Make sure to set your time zone and have your PI or business manager give you access to a payment source!