Primary Financial Contact Setup
To make it easier on all PIs, business managers and accountants can become Primary Financial Contacts for the lab/group. The Primary Financial Contact is the individual who gets notified about new invoices, pending invoices, and any other financial inquiries the core or RRC administration has.
This does not in any way diminish the PI authority in the lab/group. The PI can override any and all authorizations in the lab/group.
Setting Primary Financial Contact
- Navigate to the menu icon at the top left corner of the page
- Select Research Groups
- Choose the lab that you would like to manage right now
- In the “Members” tab next to the lab member who will be the Primary Financial Contact click on the pencil icon
- Change their role to “Manager” and check mark the box next to “Financial Contact” (there can be multiple managers in a group for different purposes)
- Click “Save”
- Refresh the page
- Navigate to “Group Settings” tab
- Under “Communication Settings” make sure that this individual’s name is selected in the drop down menu