Notice to all Research Resources Center Customers Heading link
In order to minimize COVID-19 spread, the Research Resources Center, Research Histology and Tissue Imaging Core is implementing the following temporary mandatory guidelines for using this core:
- All customers entering the core space need to wear new, clean gloves
- If there is a need to remove gloves, wash your hands with soap frequently and for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face or other individuals. Replace gloves as soon as possible
- Instead of shaking hands, exchange greetings with a wave, bow, or nod
- Please bring printed out iLab forms with your samples to avoid sharing keyboards as much as possible
- Try to keep at least one meter/three feet distance between yourself and others
- Disinfect anything you used during your visit with 70% ETOH or disinfecting wipes provided by the core lab after every use:
- Cryostat surface, wheel and blade stage handles, table for the samples, -20 freezer handle, brushed, pencils or markers
- Microtome bench area, wheel and blade stage handles, brushes, pencils of markers
- Keyboards, power buttons and computer desks
If you have any flu like symptoms (g., fever, cough, shortness of breath) please do not use the core services. You should stay home and follow the appropriate guidelines as indicated by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus.
Frequently Asked Questions Heading link
- Q: Whom should I contact for administrative assistance?
A: Please email our admin team at email@example.com
- Q: Who should I contact for technical assistance on RRC Websites?
A: Please submit an iLabs ticket with the Scientific Computing Core