Notice to all Research Resources Center Customers Heading link
In order to minimize COVID-19 spread, the Research Resources Center, Biophysics Core is implementing the following temporary mandatory guidelines for using this core:
- All customers entering the core space must wear new, clean gloves
- If there is a need to remove gloves, wash your hands with soap frequently and for at least 20 seconds. Do not touch your face or other individuals. Replace gloves as soon as possible
- Instead of shaking hands, exchange greetings with a wave, bow, or nod
- Try to keep at least one meter/three feet distance between yourself and others
- Disinfect anything you used during your visit with 70% ETOH after every use
- Pipettes, bottles, tip boxes, racks, etc
- Please change your gloves before you touch doorknobs if you have touched any samples or other hazardous materials during your work at BPC
- Try to minimize touching the instruments while operating it
If you have any flu like symptoms (g., fever, cough, shortness of breath) please do not use the core services. You should stay home and follow the appropriate guidelines as indicated by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus.
Frequently Asked Questions Heading link
- Q: Whom should I contact for administrative assistance?
A: Please email our admin team at email@example.com
- Q: Where should I contact to have a training session for instruments or for a consultation to plan a collaborative research project?
A: Please email BPC@uic.edu
- Q: Where can I find more resources on Biophysics Core?
A: Please check the below links for more information